Lion Brand® Vanna's Choice®
15 sts = about 4 in. (10 cm) in pattern.
Yo (yarn over)
A yarnover (yo) is worked as follows:
1. Bring yarn to front, between the needles.
2. Take yarn to back, over the right needle. This creates the yo.
1. Scarf is worked in wedge-shaped sections changing color following the Color Sequence. The wedges are shaped by working yarnovers (yo's), all of the other stitches are knit.
2. The yarnover's are worked on Row 3, then dropped on Row 4. To drop a yarnover, knit until the yarnover is the next loop on your left hand needle, drop the yarnover loop by simply sliding it off your left hand needle. This will create long strands of yarn across your work.
3. The Scarf is easy to make, but you will need to keep track of which row you are on!
Work *4 rows with A, 4 rows with B, 4 rows with C, 4 rows with D; rep from * for Color Sequence.
With A, cast on 33 sts.
Rows 1 and 2: Knit.
Row 3: K11, (yo, k1) 11 times, (yo twice, k1) 11 times.
Row 4: Knit across row, dropping all of the yos.
Change to next color in Color Sequence.
Rows 5-48: Rep Rows 1-4 eleven more times, continuing to change color following Color Sequence.
Rows 49 and 50: Knit.
Row 51: (K1, yo twice) 11 times, (k1, yo) 11 times, k11.
Row 52: Knit across row dropping all of the yos.
Rows 53-96: Rep Rows 49-52 eleven more times, continuing to change color following Color Sequence.
Continuing to change color following Color Sequence, rep Rows 1-96 twice more, then rep Rows 1-48 once more.
Last 2 Rows: With D, knit.
Weave in ends.