Fluffy Little Sheep
Lion Brand® Martha Stewart CraftsTM/MC Roving Wool
Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
1. Knit next st, but do not drop from left hand needle.
2. Bring the yarn between the needles from the back to the front and wrap it around your thumb. Holding the loop on your thumb, take the yarn to the back again, between the needles.
3. Knit into the same st as in Step #1 and drop it from the left hand needle.
4. Pass the first st over the second and drop the loop.
kfb (knit into front and then back)
An increase worked as follows:
1. Knit the next st through the front loop, but do not remove the st from your left hand needle.
2. Knit the same st once more, this time inserting your needle through the back loop of the st. You will have created 2 loops (sts) on your right hand needle.
3. Drop the st from your left hand needle - you have increased 1 st.
1. Sheep is knit in one piece, then seamed and stuffed.
2. Ears and Legs are worked separately and sewed to Sheep.
Combination #1: Work body with A, head with C, ears and legs with C, and embroider nose with B.
Combination #2: Work body with B, head and ears with D, legs with C, and embroider nose with C.
Beg at lower edge of body, cast on 6 sts.
Row 1 (WS): Knit.
Row 2 (RS): Work Loop st in each st across.
Row 3: Kfb in each st across - 12 sts at the end of this row.
Row 4: Rep Row 2.
Row 5: Rep Row 3 - 24 sts at the end of this row.
Row 6: Rep Row 2.
Row 7: Knit.
Row 8: Rep Row 2.
Rows 9-14: Repeat last 2 rows.
Row 15: (K2tog) across - 12 sts.
Row 16: Rep Row 2.
Change to head color.
Beg with a WS (purl) row, work in St st (k on RS, p on WS) for 5 rows.
Next Row: (K2tog) across - 6 sts at the end of this row.
Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail. Thread tail through rem sts and pull to gather. Knot yarn to secure.
EARS (make 2)
Cast on 4 sts.
Row 1 (WS): Purl.
Row 2: K2tog across - 2 sts.
Row 3: P2tog. Fasten off. Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail.
LEGS (make 4)
Cast on 8 sts.
Beg with a WS row, work in St st for 3 rows.
Last Row (RS): K2tog across - 4 sts.
Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail. Thread tail through rem sts and pull to close opening. With same tail, seam sides of Leg from bound-off edge to cast-on edge.
Seam Body and head. Stuff lightly before sewing closed. Wth color as desired, embroider a straight st nose. Sew Ears to head and Legs to body. Weave in ends.
Learn to Knit instructions: http://www.lionbrand.com/learnToKnit.html
When you are in New York City, visit the Lion Brand Yarn Studio at 34 W. 15th Street for a one-of-a-kind yarn lover's experience.
For more information, visit the website, LionBrandYarnStudio.com