Felted Lunch Bag
Lion Brand® Fishermen's Wool® - Vanna's Choice®
Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
|kfb (knit into front and then back) |
An increase worked as follows:
1. Knit the next st through the front loop, but do not remove the st from your left hand needle.
2. Knit the same st once more, this time inserting your needle through the back loop of the st. You will have created 2 loops (sts) on your right hand needle.
3. Drop the st from your left hand needle - 1 st increased.
1. Due to the nature of the felting process, the size of your finished pieces can vary.
2. Lunch Bag and Base are worked with 2 strands of A held tog.
3. Lunch Bag is felted; Tree design is not.
4. Because the Lunch Bag includes small buttons, it is not suitable for young children.
Beg at lower edge, with larger needles and 2 strands of A held tog, cast on 72 sts.
Row 1 (RS): *P19, k1, p1, k1, p11, k1, p1, k1; rep from * once more.
Row 2: *K1, p1, k1, k11, k1, p1, k1, k19; rep from * once more.
Rows 3-48: Rep Rows 1 and 2.
Rows 49-52: *P1, k1; rep from * to end of row.
Row 53: (P1, k1) twice, bind off next 11 sts, k1, (p1, k1) 12 times, bind off next 11 sts, k1, (p1, k1) 10 times.
Row 54: (P1, k1) 10 times, p1, cast on 11 sts over the bound-off sts, (p1, k1) 12 times, p1, cast on 11 sts over the bound-off sts, (p1, k1) twice.
Rows 55-58: *P1, k1; rep from * to end of row.
With larger needles and 2 strands of A held tog, cast on 19 sts.
Rows 1-14: P1, *k1, p1; rep from * to end of row.
With smaller needles and 1 strand of B, cast on 4 sts.
Row 1: (Kfb) 4 times - 8 sts at the end of this row.
Row 2: Kfb, k to last st, kfb - 10 sts at the end of this row.
Row 3: Knit.
Row 4: Rep Row 2 - 12 sts.
Rows 5-13: Knit.
Row 14: K2tog, k to last 2 sts, k2tog - 10 sts.
Row 15: Knit.
Row 16: Rep Row 14 - 8 sts.
Row 17: (K2tog) 4 times - 4 sts.
Beg at base of Trunk, with smaller needles and 1 strand of C, cast on 8 sts.
Row 1 (WS): Purl.
Row 2: K2tog, k to last 2 sts, k2tog - 6 sts at the end of this row.
Beginning with a WS (purl) row, work even (without increasing or decreasing) in St st (k on RS, p on WS), for 13 rows.
From RS, seam sides of Lunch Bag to form a tube. Sew lower edge of Lunch Bag to Base.
Wash by machine on a hot wash/cold rinse cycle with detergent and several pieces of clothing to agitate. Pull Bag into shape.
With sewing needle and thread, sew Tree Trunk to felted Lunch Bag, Lap Tree Top over Trunk and sew to Bag. Sew 3 buttons to Tree, and 1 button beside the Trunk. With C, stitch a small loop (for leaf) at top of each 'fallen apple' button.
Weave in ends.
Learn to Knit instructions: http://learnToKnit.LionBrand.com
When you are in New York City, visit the Lion Brand Yarn Studio at 34 W. 15th Street for a one-of-a-kind yarn lover's experience.
For more information, visit the website, LionBrandYarnStudio.com