Accounting Manager – Lyndhurst, NJ
WORK LOCATION: Hybrid/ Lyndhurst NJ Corporate Office (4 Days/Week) and Remote (1 Day/Week)
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday / 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising our accounting team, and for reviewing and monitoring financial statements and preparing financial reports. This associate must act with the Lion Brand Values in mind: Teamwork, Consumer & Customer Centric, Embrace & Lead Change, Work Smarter, and Have Fun!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Hires, trains, coaches, and prepares/conducts performance reviews for accounting team.
• Complete month-end financial statements along with all supporting documentation for all balance sheet accounts within compliance of GAAP.
• Supervise bookkeeping and review journal entries on a monthly basis.
• Reconcile General Ledger account for monthly closing to identify and clear discrepancies.
• Review and monitor the prepared financial statements and supporting documentation and coordinating month-end review of financial results with CFO.
• Prepare consolidated financial reports along with monitoring key performance indicators against budget and prior year.
• Assist with year end and bank audits.
• Main liaison with external auditors. Coordinate all planning, timelines, and deliverables with external auditors.
• Supervision of accounts payables and accounts receivables.
• Work with operating managers on the development of annual budgets and forecasts.
• Monitor and assure financial controls exist for all departments centers.
• Prepare periodic and special financial analysis for decision-making.
• Support and assist operational managers with understanding their monthly financial performance.
• Assist and help with due diligence on potential acquisitions.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA or master’s degree in BA preferred.
• 3-5 years of related accounting or finance experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience required.
• Must possess thorough knowledge of general accounting systems. Quick books expertise preferred.
• Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Advanced Excel skills required.
To apply, please email your resume (include job title in the subject line) or complete and submit the employment application below to firstname.lastname@example.org