Summary of Rules (Full Rules Below)
a yarn craft project using any Lion Brand® yarn(s). Use Lion
Brand Yarn in an extraordinary way, be out-of-the-box, and show
off your creativity. A project may be made by knitting,
crocheting, weaving, wrapping, gluing yarn and/or using any
other crafting technique.
- Submit your project using the online entry form. Or click here
to download a mail-in entry form.
- You may enter separate projects as many times as you wish.
Please use a separate entry form for each project.
- You may submit an entry with a pattern you designed or you may
use an existing pattern, as long as you indicate the source of
the pattern on your entry form.
- Your created craft project must be of a size that can be sent
by United Parcel Service (UPS) or U.S. mail (any class,
including Parcel Post.)
- Judging is based 60% creativity/uniqueness, 25%
workmanship/technique of the project, and 15% difficulty of
- There are a total of 5 prizes. Grand Prize Winner will receive
2 round-trip airline tickets to New York, NY and will include a
visit and tour of the Lion Brand Yarn Studio, plus $1,000
spending money. 2nd Place winners will each receive $500 Hancock
Fabrics gift cards and 3rd Place winners will each receive $100
Hancock Fabrics gift cards or $100 in merchandise credit. For
complete list, click here.
- Entries may be submitted from May 6, 2010 12:01 a.m. CST
through 11:59 p.m. CST July 28, 2010.
- The contest is valid in the 50 United States
except the following:
Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey,
North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont
(Please note that this is because in these states it is illegal
to offer contests that require a purchase.)
- Winners will be notified on or about October 29, 2010.
Full Official Rules
The following contest is intended for play in the United
States only (excluding residents of Alaska, Arizona, Colorado,
Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota,
Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont) and shall only be
construed and evaluated according to United States law.
1. HOW TO ENTER:
- Create a yarn craft project using
one or more types of Lion Brand Yarn® and in accordance with
the rules which follow below. Use Lion Brand Yarn in an
extraordinary way, be out-of-the-box, and show off your
creativity. A project may be made by knitting, crocheting,
weaving, wrapping, gluing yarn and/or using any other crafting
technique. Submit your form and photograph electronically or by
UPS or U.S. Mail, as described below.
- To enter electronically: complete the entire online entry
form at YarnImagination.com, upload a photograph of your
creation (in JPEG format), and submit the form and photograph.
- To enter via regular First Class U.S. Mail: download an
entry form from YarnImagination.com, complete the form,
include a photograph of your project, and mail it to:
Lion Brand Yarn Company,
Attn: Yarn Imagination Contest
135 Kero Road
Carlstadt, NJ 07072.
- All entries may be submitted and received starting May 6,
2010 at 12:01am CST. Electronic entries must be received
by July 28, 2010 at 11:59pm CST. Mail entries must be
postmarked by July 28, 2010 and received by August 4, 2010.
- The entry form will ask you for personal contact
information, as well as for a project name, description, yarns
and colors used.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may enter,
but each project may only be entered one time.
- Your created craft project must be of a size that can be
sent by United Parcel Service (UPS) or U.S. Mail (any class,
including Parcel Post.)
- In the event that your entry is selected as a finalist as
described in Section 4 (Judging"), you will be required
to send the actual project to Lion Brand headquarters for
review prior to the selection of winners for the various
prizes described in Section 5 ("Prizes").
Finalists’ projects may be returned, where feasible, after
judging and winners’ announcement has been completed.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Using only one or more types of Lion Brand
Yarns®, create a yarn creation with a pattern and/or an
original design. You must, however, supply information as to
the origin of the pattern submitted in your entry. The pattern
may be from a book, Lion Brand, HancockFabrics.com, another
yarn company, a family pattern, etc. All projects must be the
original work of the entrant and must not infringe any third
party copyright, trademark, right of privacy or publicity,
moral rights or any other rights of any third party. Projects
are subject to verification. Sponsor reserves the right in its
sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it
believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content,
that does not comply with these official rules, or that is not
consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest.
Submission of entry grants Sponsors the right to publish, use,
edit, adapt and/or modify information on entry form,
photograph and/or design and any part thereof at Sponsors’
sole discretion, in any and all media, now known or
hereinafter invented, including on the world wide web, in
perpetuity for advertising and promotional purposes without
review, approval or notification of winners, and without
compensation to winners. If the winning designs are original
designs, the designs will become the property of Hancock
Fabrics and Lion Brand® Yarn for promotional
- All photos and entries become the property of Hancock
Fabrics and Lion Brand Yarn and will not be returned.
- The Lion Brand and Hancock Fabrics Yarn Imagination Contest
is open to legal residents of the United States
who are of the legal age of majority in their state of
residence, except residents of Alaska, Arizona, Colorado,
Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, North
Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee and
Vermont. Employees of Lion Brand Yarn, Hancock Fabrics,
their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers,
retailers, and sales representatives and the immediate
families (including spouse, parents, children and siblings)
and household members of such employees are not eligible.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
regulations. Void in Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii,
Louisiana, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Rhode
Island, South Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont, and where
prohibited by law.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of qualified judges chosen
by Lion Brand Yarn, and selected from Lion Brand Yarn
employees. Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
- Entries will be judged based on: 60%
creativity/uniqueness, 25% workmanship/technique of the
project, and 15% difficulty of project selected. In the
event of a tie, the person among the tied entrants with the
highest score in creativity/uniqueness will be the winner.
- Entries not made completely from Lion Brand Yarn will be
- From all of the eligible entries received, a total of
fifteen (15) selected finalists will be notified via e-mail
and/or phone on or about August/September 2010. Such finalists
will be required to send their actual projects to Lion Brand
headquarters for additional judging in accordance with the
same criteria, prior to the selection of the winners, further
described in Section 5 ("Prizes").
- Selected winners will be notified via e-mail or phone on or
about October 29, 2010.
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive 2 round-trip
domestic coach airline tickets from any major airport in the
continental USA to New York, NY. Sponsor will book
travel at its discretion, but upon consultation with the Grand
Prize Winner. Grand Prize also includes a three (3)
night stay for two (2) people in one (1) room at a hotel
chosen by Sponsor, will include a visit and tour of the Lion
Brand studio, plus $1,000 spending money (which may be used to
cover otherwise uncovered expenses, such as meals, ground
transportation, etc.). Certain restrictions and black
out dates apply. Estimated Retail Value for Grand Prize:
- Two (2) Runners Up will each receive a $500 Hancock Gift
- Two (2) Third Place Winners will each receive a $100 Hancock
Gift Card or $100 in merchandise credit.
- Ten (10) Remaining Finalists (who are not selected as
Runners Up or Grand Prize Winner) will each receive $50
Hancock Gift Cards plus Lion Brand Gift Bag. Estimated Retail
Value for Each: $60.
- Total Estimated Retail Value of All Prizes: $4,800.
- Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of eligible
- All applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of winners.
6. OTHER CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Other than entrant's acquiring the required Lion Brand Yarn
in amounts and colors that entrant believes, in his or her
sole discretion, are sufficient to create the yarn craft
project, no purchase is necessary as a precondition to entry,
and purchases will not improve the chances of winning.
- Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Official Rules and
the decisions of Sponsors, which are final.
- By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions
concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and
enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights
and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors
in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and
construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New
York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict
of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the personal
jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts
located in New York. Except where prohibited, each
entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and
causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest
or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without
resort to any form of class action, (2) any and all claims,
judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket
costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees, (3) no
punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages,
including without limitation lost profits, may be awarded
(collectively "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant
hereby waives all rights to Special Damages and all rights to
have such damages multiplied or increased.
- The winning projects (including photograph(s)) and entry
information may be featured on LionBrand.com,
YarnImagination.com and HancockFabrics.com. By entering
the contest you acknowledge and agree that if you win, that
your personal name, city and state may be used by Hancock
Fabrics and Lion Brand for promotional purposes, at the sole
discretion of the Sponsors.
- All prize winners will be required to complete, sign and
return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and,
where lawful, a Publicity Release within the time frame
specified and prior to claiming prize, or prize will be
- All prize winners may be required to sign documents
necessary to assign and/or otherwise transfer any copyright in
and to the entry to Sponsor, within the time frame specified
and prior to claiming prize, or prize will be forfeited.
- All winners must claim prize by November 29, 2010. If
prize notice or prize is returned as undeliverable or the
selected entrant does not respond and claim prize by November
29, 2010, the prize will be forfeited.
- Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide certain
information regarding his or her guest, and Grand Prize
Winners’ guest will be required to complete, sign and return
a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release,
prior to purchase of airline tickets, or prize may be
- All costs and expenses incurred by Grand Prize Winner and
his or her guest not explicitly stated, such as meals, are the
responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest.
- By accepting prize, winner agrees that Lion Brand® Yarns
and Hancock Fabrics, and their directors, agents and
employees, shall have no liability for any loss or damage
incurred in connection with acceptance or use of the prizes
awarded in this contest. In the event a prize is
forfeited, an alternate winner may be selected.
- No transfer or substitution of prizes by winners, and prizes
may not be redeemed for cash value.
- Gift card and merchandise credit prizes are cannot be
combined with other offers or discounts, and cannot be applied
to any other fees or charges.
- Sponsors may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Hancock Fabrics and Lion Brand Yarn assume no responsibility
for software or hardware malfunctions, for lost, stolen,
delayed, corrupt, or damaged entries, or for any failure of
the web site during the promotional period.
- Online entries generated by script, macro or other automated
means will be disqualified. Sponsors reserve the right to
disqualify any individual who tampers with the website or
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE
ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE
CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND
SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO
SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT
PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as
planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human
error or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsors that
corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness,
integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve
the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend the Contest. Not responsible for
printing or typographical errors.
- Please visit the YarnImagination.com website to view our
- For a copy of these Official Contest Rules (available after
May 5, 2010) or the names of prize winners (available after
December 1, 2010), go to YarnImagination.com.
- For questions or comments please contact: Lion Brand®
Yarn, at the address below.
Lion Brand Yarn, 135 Kero Road, Carlstadt, NJ 07072
Hancock Fabrics, 1 Fashion Way, Baldwyn, MS 38824