INSTRUCTIONS (for one tassel)
1. Wrap yarn around 6" length of cardboard 25 times or until tassel is as thick as you want
2. Cut 24" length of yarn, fold it in half, and thread through top of tassel and tie tightly. Cut other end open to remove cardboard.
Use a Twisted Cord to tie tassel: To create Twisted Cord, cut (2) 36" lengths of yarn; knot ends together. Hold knotted end in one hand, and with the other hand, twist yarn until taut. Carefully bring knotted and open ends together and allow yarn to twist around itself, pulling at bottom (center) to keep even. Knot all ends together at top.
Create a braided cord with horsetail braiding, 3-strand flat braiding or 4-stranded round braiding. Horsetail braiding is shown on the Lamé tassel.
3. Bind the tassel at the top as shown at right. Use different colors of Lamé and Microspun for a decorative effect. You can also use other yarns -- even embroidery floss to get bright and attractive colors.
4. Use beads or small washers for decoration on the cord at the top.
5. Lamé has a natural tendency for the strands to separate. To separate the strands of the Microspun, use a comb and simply comb the tassel when done.
You can vary your tassels by using two colors. For a mixed effect, hold one strand of each color together when wrapping your tassel and only make half as many wraps. For a two-tone effect, make half the wraps with one color and the other half next to them with the second color.