VANNA'S PALETTES Colors
1. Each package of VANNA'S PALETTES contains 8 miniature balls of yarn. For this Afghan, you will be making one Square from each of the 64 miniature balls.
2. In order to follow the Assembly Diagram, so that your Afghan looks exactly like the Afghan shown in the photo, you'll need to identify each color yarn in each VANNA'S PALETTES package.
3. To identify the yarn color names, check the photograph of the yarn packages at LionBrand.com.
4. We suggest that you work with one yarn package at a time and that as you finish each Square, you label it with the name of the yarn color.
5. Some of the yarn colors appear in more than one of the packages. Since you are making one Square from each of the miniature balls, you will have more than one Square in these colors.
For your convenience, we are providing the following list of the colors included in each package:
In #200 Peaceful: Goldfish, Pink Poodle, Pink, Duckie, Sweet Pea, Mint, Little Boy Blue, Bluebell
In #201 Happy: Scarlet, Berrylicious, Cheery Cherry, Goldfish, Radiant Yellow, Radiant Lime, Aqua, Sapphire
In #202 Romantic: Linen, Taupe, Charcoal Grey, Silver Grey, Purple, Antique Rose, Dusty Rose, Soft Pink
In #203 Earthy: Brick, Radiant Orange, Pea Green, Dusty Green, Olive, Taupe, Espresso, Beige
In #204 Charming: Magenta, Brick, Rust, Toffee, Dusty Rose, Espresso, Burgundy, Sapphire
In #205 Essential: Chocolate, Dusty Purple, Dusty Rose, Beige, Mustard, Honey, Toffee, Pea Green
In #206 Iconic: Cranberry, Terracotta, Mustard, Olive, Sapphire, Dusty Purple, Eggplant, Magenta
In #207 Spirited: Lime, Pea Green, Fern, Kelly Green, Olive, Sapphire, Silver Grey, Toffee
SQUARE (make 64: One in each of the VANNA'S PALETTES (miniature balls)
Ch 5; join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.
Rnd 1 (RS): Ch 3 (counts as first dc in this rnd and in all following rnds), 3 dc in ring, tr in ring, (4 dc in ring, tr in ring) 3 times; join with sl st in top of beg ch – at the end of this rnd you will have 16 dc and 4 tr.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in next 3 sts, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next tr, *dc in next 4 sts, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next tr; rep from * around; join with sl st in top of beg ch – at the end of this rnd you will have 32 dc and 4 tr.
Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in next 5 sts, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next tr, *dc in next 8 sts, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next tr; rep from * 2 more times, dc in last 2 sts; join with sl st in top of beg ch – at the end of this rnd you will have 48 dc and 4 tr.
Rnd 4: Join A with a sl st in top of beg ch.
Ch 3, dc in next 7 sts, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next tr, *dc in next 12 sts, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next st; rep from * 2 more times, dc in last 4 sts; join with sl st in top of beg ch – at the end of this rnd you will have 64 dc and 4 tr.
With A, and following Assembly Diagram, sew Squares into 8 strips of 8 Squares each. Sew stripes together to make Afghan.
From RS, draw up a loop of A in any st along edge of Afghan, ch 1, work rev sc evenly spaced all the way around outer edge; join with sl st in beg ch.
Weave in ends.