Lion Brand« Modern Baby«
24 sts + 44 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) in Garter st (k every row).
yo (yarn over)
An increase that also creates a small decorative hole (eyelet) in the fabric, worked as follows:
1. Bring yarn to the front, between the needles.
2. Take yarn to the back, over the right needle. This creates the new st. You are now ready to proceed with the next st as instructed.
1. Blankie is worked diagonally in one piece, in Garter st (k every row) changing color following a Stripe Sequence.
2. For first half of Blankie, one st is increased on each row. For second half of Blankie, one st is decreased on each row. The change from increasing to decreasing happens in the middle of an A stripe.
3. Yarn overs (yo) are used to increase sts and create the eyelet border.
4. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of stitches. Work back and forth in rows as if working on straight needles.
*Work 36 rows each in A, B, C, D and E; rep from * once, then work 36 more rows with A.
With A, cast on 5 sts.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: K3, yo, k2 – 6 sts at the end of this row.
Row 3: K3, yo, k3 – 7 sts.
Row 4: K3, yo, k to end of row – 8 sts.
Changing color following Stripe Sequence, rep Row 4 until you have 202 sts.
Next (Decrease) Row: K2, k2tog, yo, k2tog, k to end of row – 201 sts.
Continuing to change color following Stripe Sequence, rep last row until you have 5 sts remaining. Bind off.
Weave in ends.