Lion Brand« Vanna's Choice® - Vanna's Glamour® - Homespun® - Unique
16 sts = 4 in. (10 cm) over pattern. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size
specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be
sufficient. The needle or hook size called for in the pattern is based on what
the designer used, but it is not unusual for gauge to vary from person to person.
If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make your swatch, try using a smaller
size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Making a Gauge Swatch
sk2p (slip-k2tog-pass slipped st over)
A double decrease worked as follows:
1. Insert right needle as if to knit, and slip the next st from the left needle to the right needle.
2. Knit the next 2 sts together.
3. With tip of left needle, lift the slipped st (the 2nd st on right needle) up and over the k2tog (first st on right needle) and off the needle - you have decreased 2 sts.
Yo (yarn over)
An increase that also creates a small decorative hole (eyelet) in the fabric, worked as follows:
1. Bring yarn to front, between the needles.
2. Take yarn to back, over the right needle. This creates the new st. You are now ready to proceed with the next st as instructed.
Zigzag Pattern (worked over a multiple of 16 sts + 1 extra)
Row 1 (RS): K1, *yo, k6, sk2p, k6, yo, k1; rep from * across row.
Row 2: Purl.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 for Zigzag pattern.
1. Throw is worked with 1 or 2 strands of yarns.
2. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back and forth on circular needle as if working on straight needles.
With 1 strand each of A and B held together, cast on 129 sts.
Knit 3 rows.
Beg Zigzag Pattern
Rows 1-8: With 1 strand each of A and B held tog, and beg with Row 1, work in Zigzag pattern.
Rows 9-12: Change to 1 strand of D and continue in Zigzag pattern.
Rows 13-20: Change to 1 strand each of B and F held tog and continue in Zigzag pattern.
Rows 21-24: Change to 1 strand of E and continue in Zigzag pattern.
Rows 25-28: Change to 1 strand each of C and G held tog and continue in Zigzag pattern.
Rep Rows 1-28 three more times, then rep Rows 1-7 once more.
With 1 strand each of A and B held together, knit 3 rows.
Bind off loosely.
Cut one 18 in. (45.5 cm) length each of A, B, C, F and G.
Hold strands together and fold in half. Use crochet hook to draw fold through one corner of Throw, forming a loop. Pull ends of fringe through loop and tighten.
Rep to work 17 fringes evenly spaced across each end of Throw.
Weave in ends.
Learn to Knit instructions: http://www.lionbrand.com/learnToKnit.html
When you are in New York City, visit the Lion Brand Yarn Studio at 34 W. 15th Street for a one-of-a-kind yarn lover's experience.
For more information, visit the website, LionBrandYarnStudio.com