Lion Brand« Heartland
12 sts + 25 rows = about 4 in. (10 cm) over pattern.
Yo (yarn over)
An increase that also creates a small decorative hole (eyelet) in the fabric, worked as follows:
1. Bring yarn to front, between the needles.
2. Take yarn to back, over the right needle. This creates the new st. You are now ready to proceed with the next st as instructed.
1. Scarf is worked lengthwise, in a reversible lace pattern.
2. Because the lace pattern is reversible, rows are not worked on the same side of the piece and there is no right or wrong side.
3. A yarn over (yo) creates a new loop on your needle and is worked by wrapping the yarn around your right hand needle. Do not use an existing st to make a yarn over. The finished yarn over will eave an open space (like an eyelet) in your knitting--that is part of this design.
4. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back and forth on circular needle as if working on straight needles.
Cast on 188 sts.
Rows 1-4: Knit.
Row 5: K2, *yo, k1; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2 - 372 sts at the end of this row.
Row 6: K2, purl across to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 7: K2, *k2tog; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2 - 188 sts.
Rows 8 and 9: K2, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
Rows 10 and 11: Knit.
Rows 12-39: Rep Rows 5-11 four times.
Rows 40 and 41: Knit.
Weave in ends.