Lion Brand® Pound of Love® - Bonbons®
17 1/2 stitches + 24 rows = about 4 in. (10 cm) over pattern. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size
specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be
sufficient. The needle or hook size called for in the pattern is based on what
the designer used, but it is not unusual for gauge to vary from person to person.
If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make your swatch, try using a smaller
size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Making a Gauge Swatch
Seed stitch (multiple of 2 stitches + 1)
Row 1 (right side): *Knit 1, purl 1; repeat from * to last stitch, knit 1.
Row 2: Knit the purl stitches and purl the knit stitches.
Repeat Row 2 for Seed stitch.
- Wall hanging is worked in one piece, back and forth in rows on a circular needle. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of stitches.
- Dots are embroidered onto finished wall hanging.
- To ensure that embroidered strands are very securely fastened to wall hanging, on wrong side of project sew closely spaced whipstitch over each strand of embroidered yarn.
With A, cast on 111 stitches.
Working back and forth in rows on circular needle, work 10 rows in Seed stitch.
Body of Wall Hanging
Row 1 (Right Side): (Knit 1, purl 1) 3 times, knit to last 6 stitches, (purl 1, knit 1) 3 times.
Row 2: (Knit 1, purl 1) 3 times, purl to last 6 stitches, (purl 1, knit 1) 3 times.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 25 1/2 in. (65 cm) from beginning.
Work 10 rows in Seed stitch.
To prevent any of the embroidered strands from pulling loose from the wall hanging, on wrong side of wall hanging sew closely spaced whipstitch over each strand of embroidered yarn. We strongly recommend that you do not leave baby unattended with this – or any! – wall hanging.
Using one strand of B in desired color embroider borders as follows:
Working just inside the Seed stitch border of wall hanging, embroider a single row of V stitches around all 4 sides. About 1/2 in. inside V stitch border, embroider a single row of cross stitches, and about 1/2 in. inside cross stitch border, embroider a second row of cross stitch.
Make paper patterns for various size dots by tracing around round objects. We used a water glass, paper towel cardboard roll, and coins. Following photo or placing randomly, pin paper dots to wall hanging.
Using 2 strands of B in desired color, embroider dots as follows:
· Embroider a circle of French knots around dot pattern piece. Remove pattern and fill in centers of dot with French knots.
· With one strand of B, embroider a running stitch around random dots.