With A, cast on 111 stitches.
Working back and forth in rows on circular needle, knit 14 rows.
Row 1 (Right Side): Knit.
Row 2: Knit 8, purl 95, knit 8.
Rows 3-150: Repeat Rows 1 and 2.
Row 151: Knit.
Knit 14 rows.
1. All duplicate stitch and embroidery is worked with 2 strands of B.
2. Work duplicate stitch and embroidery with B colors as desired.
3. To prevent any of the embroidered strands from pulling loose from the Blanket, on wrong side of Blanket sew closely spaced whipstitch over each strand of embroidered yarn. We strongly recommend that you do not leave baby unattended with the embroidered Blanket.
With a double strand of B in desired color and following chart, duplicate stitch B-A-B-Y onto Blanket. Each letter is 15 stitches + 21 rows. Follow the placement chart and count the rows and stitches on your Blanket to determine the position of each letter, then follow the chart for that specific letter to duplicate stitch.
Following photo, or working freehand, with B in desired color, embroider flowers as follows:
1. With a double strand of B, embroider a cluster of French knots for flower center.
2. With a single or double strand of B, embroider flower petals with Lazy Daisy stitch around flower center.
3. If desired, work a second round of petals to create a larger flower.
4. With a single strand of a contrast color of B, embroider another Lazy Daisy petal inside each of the petals.
Weave in ends.