With A, chain 77.
Row 1: Half double crochet in the 3rd chain from hook and in each chain across - 75 stitches.
Rows 2-73: Chain 2, turn, half double crochet in each half double crochet stitch across.
1. All cross stitch is worked with 2 strands of B held together.
2. To prevent any of the embroidered strands from pulling loose from the Blanket, on wrong side of Blanket sew closely spaced whipstitch over each strand of embroidered yarn. We strongly recommend that you do not leave baby unattended with the embroidered Blanket.
With 2 strands of B in desired color held together and following charts, cross stitch B-A-B-Y onto Blanket. Follow the placement chart and count the rows and stitches on your Blanket to determine the position of each letter then follow the chart for that specific letter to work the cross stitch.
Following photo, or as desired, with B in desired color, embroider flowers as follows:
1. With 2 strands of B held together, embroider 4 cross stitches to make flower center.
2. With one or 2 strands of B held together, embroider flower petals with Lazy Daisy stitch around flower center.
3. If desired, work a second round of petals to create a larger flower.
4. With one strand of a contrast color of B, embroider another Lazy Daisy petal inside each of the petals.
Note: Border is worked around entire outside edge of Blanket, using 2 strands of B in desired colors.
From right side, with 2 strands of B in desired color held together, join yarn with a slip stitch anywhere along outside edge of Blanket. Chain 2, work half double crochet evenly spaced around outside edge of Blanket, working 3 half double crochet in each corner and changing yarn colors as desired. Join with slip stitch in top of beginning chain-2.
Weave in ends.