Lion Brand« Jamie®
18 sts = 4 in. (10 cm) in Garter st (k every row).
yo (yarn over)
An increase that also creates a small decorative hole (eyelet) in the fabric, worked as follows:
1. Bring yarn to the front, between the needles.
2. Take yarn to the back, over the right needle. This creates the new st. You are now ready to proceed with the next st as instructed.
1. Blankie is worked diagonally in one piece, in Garter st (k every row) with an eyelet border.
2. For first half of Blankie, one st is increased on each row. For second half of Blankie, one st is decreased on each row.
3. Yarn overs (yo) are used to increase sts and create the eyelet border.
4. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of stitches. Work back and forth in rows as if working with straight needles.
Cast on 5 sts.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: K3, yo, k2 - 6 sts at the end of this row.
Row 3: K3, yo, k3 - 7 sts.
Row 4: K3, yo, k to end of row - 8 sts.
Rep Row 4 until you have 164 sts.
Next (Decrease) Row: K2, k2tog, yo, k2tog, k to end of row - 163 sts.
Rep last row until you have only 5 sts. Bind off.
Weave in ends.