Lion Brand« Martha Stewart CraftsTM/MC Cotton Hemp
18 sts = 4 in. (10 cm) in pattern.
sk2p (slip-k2tog-pass slipped st over)
A double decrease worked as follows:
1. Insert right needle as if to knit, and slip the next st from the left needle to the right needle.
2. Knit the next 2 sts together.
3. With tip of left needle, lift the slipped st (the 2nd st on right needle) up and over the k2tog (first st on right needle) and off the needle - you have decreased 2 sts.
yo (yarn over)
An increase that also creates a small decorative hole (eyelet) in the fabric, worked as follows:
1. Bring yarn to front, between the needles.
2. Take yarn to back, over the right needle. This creates the new st. You are now ready to proceed with the next st as instructed.
St pattern includes increases (yarn over (yo)) to compensate for each decrease (sk2p), the st count should always remain the same. Be sure to count your sts a the end of each row!
Cast on 23 sts.
Row 1 (Wrong Side): K2, place marker (pm), p to last 2 sts, pm, k2.
Note: Markers are placed to define the 2 border sts at beg and at end of row. Border sts are always worked in Garter st (k every row). In following rows, slip markers each time you come to them.
Row 2: K3, *yo, k1, sk2p, k1, yo, k1; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 3: K2, p to last 2 sts, k2.
Rep Rows 2 and 3 until almost all yarn has been used.
Weave in ends.