Felted Plaid Blanket
Lion Brand® Fishermen's Wool® - Vanna's Choice®
16 sts + 20 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS) before felting. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
K1, p1 Rib
Row 1: *K1, p1, rep from * across.
Row 2: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 for K1, p1 Rib.
1. Circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back and forth on circular needle as if working on straight needles.
2. Chart shows one horizontal half of Blanket. After Chart Rows 1-145 have been completed, Chart is worked in reverse.
3. When working Chart, omit vertical stripes. The vertical stripes are worked in duplicate st after Blanket has been knitted.
With A, cast on 180 sts.
With A, work in K1, p1 Rib for 24 rows.
Row 1 (RS): With A, knit.
Row 2: Work in St st (k on RS, p on WS) as established, starting with Row 2 of Chart.
Continue in St st, following Chart, until all 145 rows of Chart have been completed.
Next Row (WS): Rep Chart Row 145 once more, working it this time as a WS row by purling across.
Continue in St st, working Chart in reverse (work Row 144 back to Row 1).
Next Row: With A, work in K1, p1 Rib for 24 rows. Bind off.
From RS, with A, pick up and k about 254 sts evenly spaced along side of Blanket. Work even in K1, p1 Rib for 8 rows. Bind off. Repeat Side Edging along opposite side of Blanket.
Duplicate Stitch Vertical Lines: Thread a large-eyed blunt needle with yarn. Inserting needle from WS of piece, bring through to RS at the base of the stitch to be duplicated. Insert needle from right to left behind both sides of the stitch above the one being duplicated. Complete the stitch by returning the needle to the WS at the same point where you began.
Following Chart, work vertical lines of duplicate stitch from end of lower ribbing to beg of top ribbing, as follows:
1. With C, work vertical lines of duplicate stitch over first and last 2 sts of Blanket.
2. With D, work a vertical line of duplicate st over sts 90 and 91 of Blanket.
3. Skip 2 sts on right side of center 2 sts, with C work a vertical line of duplicate stitch over next 2 sts (sts 87, 86). Skip next 2 sts, with C work a vertical line of duplicate stitch over next 2 sts (sts 83, 82).
4. Skip 2 sts on left side of center 2 sts, with C work a vertical line of duplicate stitch over next 2 sts (sts 94, 95). Skip next 2 sts, with C work a vertical line of duplicate stitch over next 2 sts (sts 98, 99).
5. With B, work duplicate stitch over sts 41 and 42 and sts 139 and 140.
Weave in ends.
Wash by machine on a hot wash/cold rinse cycle with detergent and several pieces of clothing to agitate. Gently pull into shape and allow to dry.
Left side of chart
Right side of chart
Learn to Knit instructions: http://www.lionbrand.com/learnToKnit.html
When you are in New York City, visit the Lion Brand Yarn Studio at 34 W. 15th Street for a one-of-a-kind yarn lover's experience.
For more information, visit the website, LionBrandYarnStudio.com