Would you like to share a project that you have made from our yarns or
our patterns? Hundreds of thousands of people who care
about your favorite craft will see your work. Any submissions,
particularly original ones are welcome, as long as the project was
made from Lion Brand Yarn.
Well, here it is. All in all, I am reasonably pleased with it. The gauge was spot on and I did not add or omit rows to the pattern. I used Heather's suggestions for keeping the stitch pattern lined up, which I would definitely do again. I made the collar a tad shorter than the recommended 4.5 inches. My personal preference would have been for smaller buttons, however, I found smaller buttons to look out of place compared to the collar. I wish there was more shaping to the back to make it more flattering when viewed from the side. I would also make the sleeves slimmer. I did use washable/dryable yarn, and the 2 strands of worsted weight did soften and help the drape of the jacket and sleeves. I also cheated and made this a "mock" jacket in that I permanently fixed the buttons through both layers since it fits over my head. This way I avoided fighting with the button holes.
I have attempted many sweaters and had great success with ponchos and afghans. This is the first sweater that the gauge worked and the final product had a hope of fitting.
I am considering remaking this with some modifications and lighter weight yarn if I would be lucky enough to get the gauge to work again.
Thanks to everyone who left comments and suggestions. I checked them several times a day looking for words of wisdom.