You've voted on a pattern, you've watched our Facebook Live video, you've gotten your supplies, and now it's time to start knitting! Welcome to week 1 of the Curvy Girl KAL, where we are making the Curvy Girl Cabled Cardigan.
Let's start by making sure we've got everything we need, then we can really get into the fun stuff.
1. The pattern -- you may prefer to print it out and have the paper version, but I like to use my iPad. I use an app that allows me to write on documents, so I also go through and circle the instructions for my size when they differ.
2. The yarn -- you need six, seven, or eight balls of Lion Brand Heartland®, depending on what size you are making. Remember, use the code Heartland2016 to get 20% off when you buy six or more balls. That offer is good through September 30.
3. The needle -- size US 9, 36-inch circular. You can use whatever kind is your favorite -- I personally prefer metal but we have some lovely bamboo circulars as well.
4. Stitch markers -- have more than you think you'll need, because you will inevitably lose some or decide to put them in more spots than you originally planned.
5. Cable Needle -- try to make sure it is similar in size to your main needles, but it doesn't have to be exactly the same.
6. Stitch holders -- get them big enough to hold a lot of stitches. It's super frustrating to try and put something on a holder that isn't big enough and then won't close properly.
Not pictured: a row counter. You can use one that sits on your needle or go high-tech and find a phone app, but somehow you'll need to keep track of rows when you're working the cables.