Whether you call it the Felted Join or the Spit Splice, this way of adding on a new ball of wool is perfect when you want to avoid having to weave in ends.
A few drops of water help wool fibers bind together -- the result is seamless! Please note that this method is for wool yarn only! If you are interested in an invisible join for other types of yarn, check out our Russian Join tutorial.
Take a look at how we've done it:[php snippet=1]
1. Grab your yarn and a bit of water.
2. Unravel the ends you want to connect evenly.
3. Bring the ends together so they cross.
4. Flatten the ends and dab a bit of water on them.
5. Start rolling the yarn vigorously between your palms.
6. Add water and keep rolling until the two yarns become one!