I love watching horror movies to get ready for Halloween. Surprisingly, there are many horror films that feature knitting! Here are some of my favorite scary movies to add to your Halloween queue:
- Paranormal Activity: Visit your local theater to see one of the main characters knit and make jewelry. The yarn she uses is either a flammé or bouclé. Maybe it’s Homespun!
- Halloween: In the John Carpenter original, babysitter Laurie Strode (played by Jamie Lee Curtis) proves that knitting is more than a casual pastime. The remake by Rob Zombie features many crocheted afghans in various scenes.
- Idle Hands: What better way to keep idle hands busy than through knitting?
- The Addams Family and The Addams Family Values: Matriach Morticia Addams often knits for her family.
- Rosemary’s Baby: The women who congregate in Roseymary’s apartment knit.
- Delicatessen: This French film features a woman who makes a machine to frog her work just as quickly as she knits. At least she’s never bored!
Have a ghoulishly good Halloween, everyone!
// if( !empty( $next_post ) || !empty( $prev_post )): ?>