In each episode of our podcast, YarnCraft, we feature a segment called “Stash This–Ideas for Your Crafting Life.” As I've mentioned before, it’s a chance for me and my co-host Liz from our Design Department to share with you some interesting tips about knitting, crocheting, and yarncrafting.
In this episode, our focus was on combining knit and crochet, but in Stash This, we discussed great projects for warm weather. Here is just a sampling of the projects we discussed:
- Market Bag - We featured a few different carrier bag patterns in Lion Cotton and Cotton-Ease that are great for carrying your groceries, going to the beach, or just running errands.
- Bauhaus Washcloths - Washcloths are always reliable warm-weather projects because they are portable and useful.
- Cropped Raglan Sweater - Light, layering pieces are great for the transition from cool to warm weather. This cropped sweater is just charming and Cotton-Ease or Lion Cotton can be substituted for the specified Lion Organic Cotton.
- Naturally Classic Vest - I think this vest is great for both boys and girls because of its simple lines and neutral colors, plus it's a good way to keep your kids warm at a time when they might not want to wear their jackets.
- Lace Socks from the Lion Brand Just Socks book - Socks are a great project because they're small and easy to carry, but just in case you're no longer in the mood for thick, wool socks, the Just Socks book has some fantastic lace sock patterns that keep sock-making interesting, but more spring-appropriate.