The Cable Luxe Tunic is done -- woo-hoo! As a designer, many times I have to work on wooly projects in the summer and cool lightweight projects in the winter, so it was a pleasure having this wonderfully warm project on my lap these last few weeks when the temperature was rarely reaching double digits!
After sewing up the seams, I wove in the ends and ta-da! Here is the tunic right after I finished it:
My students often have questions about weaving in ends and the Learning Center has a section just about weaving in your ends.
So, what is really the final step in finishing your tunic? Wash it! A garment always looks better after it is cleaned. Just make sure to follow the instructions on how to wash your tunic by looking at the instructions on your yarn label. I used Wool-Ease and no wonder "ease" is in its name -- I just washed it gentle, cold water, and a gentle cycle for the dryer as well. I also turned it inside-out for the wash and it turned out so soft and pretty.
Speaking of pretty…the tunic has finally met up with its intended owner, my oldest daughter, Lizzie. A perfect fit -- and look at that smile!
This will be a super warm and easy-care sweater for her to take to college in upstate New York next fall. (I think I was smiling just as much or more seeing her wearing it)!
This has been a wonderful Knit-Along and I thank all of you who have participated, asked questions, given advice, or even have this tunic on your "to do" list. You can access all of the posts for this KAL (and the first KAL for the “Tree of Life” afghan) by clicking here. We'd also love to see all of your finished projects! Add them to the Lion Brand Customer Gallery OR our Flickr group!
Happy knitting everyone and enjoy your tunics!
- Cable Luxe Tunic Knit-Along: Nearing the Finish Line
- Cable Luxe Tunic Knit-Along: Moving Forward in the New Year
- Cable Luxe Tunic Knit-Along: Cables, Sleeves, and Sewing
- Cable Luxe Tunic Knit-Along: Solving Problems & Making Progress Together
- Cable Luxe Tunic Knit-Along: Take It Step by Step
- Cable Luxe Tunic Knit-Along: Let's Get Started
- Join Us for Our Knit-Along (an introduction)
- How to Knit-Along with Us (a general guide for KALs)